Boronia Hawks Football Netball Club Inc. is very pleased to announce the Board, Junior Committee and Senior Committee for 2021 as elected at our Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 28 October 2020.
Board of Directors
- Chairperson Scott Nicholas
- Director of Administration Tanya Parkins
- Director of Community & Inclusion Karen Little
- Director of Finance David Nicholas
- Director of Insights & Innovation Kathleen McMahon
- Director of Revenue Wayne Preston
- Director of Strategic Projects Ashley Johnston
- Junior President Kristan Wood
- Senior President Greg Hannon
- Senior President Greg Hannon
- Senior Vice-President Wayne Preston
- Senior Vice-President Nathan Allen
- Senior Secretary Grant Bertram
- Senior Treasurer Andrea Lemarquand
- Netball Operations Manager Tessa Evans
- Football Operations Manager (Women’s) Nathan Allen
- Football Operations Manager (Men’s) Ash Johnston
- Female Football Co-ordinator Ye Jeffries
- General Committee Member Tim Currie
- General Committee Member Jason Davis
- General Committee Member Phil Vanderdrift
- Junior President Kristan Wood
- Junior Vice-President Samantha Dunkinson
- Junior Secretary Carolyn Wood
- Junior Treasurer Lauren Keelan
- Registrar Stacey Peril
- Female Football Coordinator Candyce Wright
- General Committee Member Michael Allen
- General Committee Member Victoria Butler
- General Committee Member Danny Weston
Here is the Junior Training Schedule for the lead up to the scheduled start of the Junior Competition on 26 July!
We are committed to ensuring that Boronia Hawks training will be compliant with COVID-19 protocols as stipulated by the Victorian Government. Please contact the coach or email@example.com for any enquiries.
As a club, and Boronia community, we’re all feeling disappointed with the decision to cancel the 2020 season for senior men and women.
The club plays such a huge part of the lives and wellbeing of so many people, and to know that we will need to go without it for the foreseeable future, in a time when perhaps we need it most, is hard to swallow. With so many sad and tragic events in Australia and around the world, we must keep our footy in perspective but we all could do with the support of our footy family that comes from sharing a laugh at training and on game day.
In saying this, we appreciate and acknowledge the leadership of the EFNL in navigating through an unprecedented situation. We recognise that this has been a difficult decision with a number of factors in play, and ultimately the decision has been based on the health and safety of all of our members, and the future viability of club’s within the league. In a tough time, we can’t do anything but respect this decision and appreciate the work that’s occurred and will continue to occur, behind the scenes for the betterment of football and netball in the east.
As a Club we are in strong position, and we have an amazing group of volunteers and supporters. We’ve created some serious momentum and our Board and Committees will keep pushing to ensure we are in an even stronger position when senior football and netball returns in 2021.
Thank you to all of our club members for their positivity and resilience over the past few months. I couldn’t be more proud of the club and know we will face the next period in the same way.
While we’re thrilled our junior footballers will be able to participate in a modified season, and look forward to supporting our little Hawka’s in 2020, we still face a number of challenges, but will meet them with thorough planning and optimism.
We will continue to build our Club off the field with renewed enthusiasm to ensure that we continue the momentum we’ve created over the past few years. We will come back stronger.
Our focuses are clear for the remainder of 2020:
- The health and wellbeing of our senior players and members – the consequential impacts on the health, wellbeing and social connection of club members can not be underestimated. Continuing engagement and support will be the overwhelming priority over the coming months.
- Building our momentum off-field – we will continue our work off the field to strengthen our strategic and operational efforts.
- Our Juniors – what a fantastic opportunity for the Club to throw its full support behind our junior teams for the coming months and help foster the next generation of Boronia men and women.
We understand this news has been devastating for our members and encourage everyone to look at the wellbeing hub on our website, and continue to connect and support each other in a difficult time.
We also our encourage our members to be respectful with any commentary made on social media, as we understand that many may be feeling frustrated and disappointed with the decision.
For our Juniors, we’re excited to support you with all of the Club behind you. Coaches will begin to communicate with each group in the coming days.
If anyone has questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to Scott on 0403 238 494. Thanks again to everyone in the HAWKA community. You’re all amazing, and YOU are the reason this Club is what it is today.
Chairman, Boronia Hawks Football Netball Club Inc.
The Club will provide additional advice regarding the suspension of EFNL activities across the competition as soon as possible.
- All communications to Senior Men will be through Matt Clark, Ash Johnston and Lachie McKernan via HQ.
- All communications to Senior Women will be through Scott Nicholas on the FB Group.
- All communications to Netballers will be through Kat McMahon on the FB Group.
- All communications to Veterans will be through Greg Joseph and Jason Davis on the FB Group.
- All communications to Juniors will be through the Junior Committee on the Junior Facebook page and direct e-mail.
All general communications from the Club will be available via our website and Senior and Junior Facebook pages.
Senior men’s practice matches scheduled for 22 and 28 March are now CANCELLED.
The Club’s Board is currently discussing our own Club social events. Please be patient as we have the appropriate discussions to make informed decisions. Information will be provided at the earliest opportunity.
David Nicholas, for the Board of BHFNC
Boronia Hawks have secured a site at the Knox Festival being held at Wally Tew Reserve, Glenfern Rd, Ferntree Gully on Saturday 29th February and Sunday 1st March. It’s an opportunity to showcase our fantastic club to the Knox community and to attract new Junior (boys and girls) and Women’s team players. We will have activities for the kids, with Hawka brand caps and mini stress footballs as giveaways.
If you’re available to help at our stall over that weekend, please add your name to the roster via this Volunteer Link.
Over the two days of the festival, between 10 am and 5 pm, we would like a minimum of three volunteers for each time slot but it would be great to see more. The more people we have at our stall and the more activity we generate, the more interesting it will be to festival attendees.
The 2020 Eastern Football Netball League junior fixture dates have been officially released.
The respective home and away seasons for boys and girls will kick off on Sunday, April 19, while the Under-10 Girls Lightning Premiership will be held on Friday, April 17. Meanwhile, Respect Round takes place across Round 3 and 4, as the Under-9 Boys’ Lightning Premiership is scheduled for Round 14. EFNL Presentation evening will be held on Tuesday, September 1.
Congratulations and thank you to the following Coaches for their dedication to developing our juniors.
Current Vets player, involved in both Juniors & Auskick
2019 U8 Coach, has been involved with the club for many years with his children
Experienced coach, grandson of club legends, Kaye & Mick
Current U19 Player at Boronia, Premiership player 2018
Returning coach, highly experienced, coached U12s and assisted U17s 2019
Grand finalist coach 2019, Dual Premiership player, 2018 reserves Most Consistent player
Highly experienced coach, coached U19s and Reserves (Knox FC) to 6 combined Premierships
Has been involved with Boronia for many years, wealth of experience, current junior father
2019 U10 Assistant coach, experienced coach and father of 2 current juniors
Senior Women’s Captain 2019, Teacher and great club person
2019 Premiership Coach, current junior father, experienced coach.
Boronia Hawks will kick start the 2020 preseason as footy training gets under way. We also have our second “Come and Try Night” for Women Footballers!
Junior Boys and Girls are invited to come to our Junior Registration Day on Sunday 17 November at Tormore Reserve from 10:00am to 11:30am. Meet the coaches and sign up to receive discounted club membership for 2020. Get out on the oval to have a kick as well.
Any questions? Please contact our Junior Registrar, Stacey Peril on 0488 336 519 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Men’s footballers, together with Under 19’s and Under 17’s, are expected to attend this first session to kick off the pre-Xmas preseason. Training for 2020 commences on Monday 18 November at Boronia Salvation Army Oval from 6:00pm on Monday & Wednesdays.
Please contact Ash Johnston, Football Director, on 0433 365 286 for any questions.
Our Senior Women’s Teams will be starting their 2020 campaign on Tuesday 19 November at Boronia K-12 College from 6:00pm.
Come and join a fun, welcoming and inclusive team environment, at one of the Eastern Football Netball League‘s destination clubs. After making finals for the first time in 2019, the Hawks are on the rise in 2020 fielding two teams for the first time!
Coaching and volunteer roles are also available, so if you’re interested in being part of a Women’s Football Team come and get involved!
Please contact Scott Nicholas, Senior Coach, on 0403 238 494 for more information.
The Boronia Veterans Team will start their preseason training (and recovery sessions) from Wednesday 20 November. Venue is still to be finalised, so keep an eye out for an update.
Please contact Team Manager, Jason Davis on 0425 749 818 for more information.