Reviewed and Updated February 2019
Boronia Hawks Football Netball Club Inc (BHFNC) recognises that it is unlawful to treat a person with a disability less favourably than a person who does not have a disability, in the same or similar circumstances. Such discrimination is covered by the Commonwealth Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and the Equal Opportunity Act 1995.
- Neurological or learning difficulties.
- Presence in the body of organisms causing diseases.
- Beneficiaries of workers compensation.
BHFNC embraces the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 premise that:
- People with disabilities are part of our diverse communities.
- People with disabilities, their families and carers have a right to participate as fully as possible in the life of our communities.
- People with disabilities are the primary source of information regarding the physical, social and cultural barriers to their participation in their local community.
BHFNC will develop and implement a Disability Action Plan which will focus on those physical, social & cultural barriers which create a handicap for people with disabilities to be able to enjoy football at our Club.
Basic elements of the plan will include:
- Education of Club members.
- Education of visitors to theClub.
- Identifying specific issues at our Club that can make life unnecessarily difficult or complicated for people with disabilities.
- Developing strategies to deal with these issues.
Specific elements of the plan will include:
- Clearly defined disabled car parking areas at the football ground.
- Disabled toilet facilities.
- Access to canteen facilities.
- Access to Club social rooms.
- Access to the football oval.
- Exclusive accessible viewing areas.
This action plan will be reviewed annually to ensure the actions remain appropriate and effective.